Wednesday 16 April 2008

A Very British Van

A sparkling clean van, Dark blue livery and a discrete white times new roman font, a logo which evokes feelings of a bygone era, harking back to a sense of decency and fairplay, and the name says it all “Gentleman & a van”. The use of the indefinite article, serving only to add shimmer. I saw this noble vehicle from the back of the cab and while I didn’t get a look at the driver, but I am sure he would have had a magnificent waxed moustache nestling on a stiff upper lip.

What a brilliant idea! a brilliant niching of the “man and van” phenomenon to cater for those people who want their stuff moved, and there are a lot of them, but do not want their precious bric-a-brac being carelessly buffeted in the back of a dirty white transit van, driven by the missing link.

Now I don’t know if the driver of this van had perfect diction but this van instantly told me its offering and reassured me – and I shall certainly be looking them up.

No comments: